This recipe is far and away the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever discovered. The blended oatmeal and grated Hershey Bar give the cookies a truly unique and delicious taste. This recipe has oatmeal, but these cookies don't taste like any oatmeal cookie you have tried before. The oatmeal is blended and combined with the flour, so it changes the taste of the cookie dough. I prefer to use macadamia nuts, but any nuts will work. You can experiment and add things like cranberries or raisins.
- 2 C. Butter
- 2 C. Sugar
- 2 C. Brown Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 t. Vanilla
- 4 C. Flour
- 5 C. Blended Oatmeal*
- 1 t. Salt
- 2 t. Baking Powder
- 2 t. Baking Soda
- 24 oz. Chocolate Chips
- 1 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
- 3 C. Chopped Nuts (your choice)
* Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender until it is a fine powder.
1. Cream the butter and both sugars.
2. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix thoroughly.
3. Add flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix thoroughly.
4. Add chocolate chips, Hershey Bar, and nuts.
5. Roll into small balls and place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
Makes 9 - 10 dozen. Recipe can be halved.